Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Catching Sweet Tangents

I contacted Orion with a few statements about minimalism and menswear. 

My first impression of Orion was that it was sunny and hot outside, that he was wearing blue, and had a nice open face. He waved and I waved and then we shared two bottles of chardonnay in Hyde Park. Orion selects wine by the label art. On one bottle was a bird and one the other a “dignified but corruptible” young woman. We sat in an ideal patch of gradience between sunlight and shade.

We rode tangents until they delivered us at a charming café, where we shared a meal complete with crembrule. Iconic cocktails populated the remainder of the day, at a hip joint called: “Tonic.” By the end of the night the night felt young, but I had to get a good night’s sleep before realizing the Australian dream of catching a sweet wave at surf-school the next morning.

Orion and I had one perfect date and never saw each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment