Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Chocolate and Water Pong

      Arriving at my flat after my previous adventures, I was informed we have a new roommate, who is also American. We all groaned. When he met us he also seemed disappointed, and we discovered he is a bio-major baseball-player named Matt. After some time hanging out together I realize he is dry and ironic and I think we'll get along great.

    While my flatmates bonded over hotboxing the room next door, I drew pictures of different anatomical regions of the brain, with descriptions of known functions. When I got too cold I decided to wash my backpack in warm water (I spilled thai chili sauce all along the inside) and towel off my sticky headphones and ipod.

The water was so nice I got in too. Because I was so clean and good looking, I decided to run some errands I had been putting off, and walked to the shopping centre where my new bank is to verify my address. I had planned on seeing if I could find a deal on new professional looking shoes, but was overcome by anxiety and had to leave.

    When I got back to my I called Noah, (that's my lil' brudder) because I figured he would be awake at my 4 pm, and Santa Fe's 1 am, but his phone was off. It had stopped raining and I still needed to check internet for the day, so I walked to the library. I realized I had forgotten my student Id with my login information, so I started walking back to my flat.

 It started raining again. An Aussie boy asked if I was going to the village and if I wanted to walk under his umbrella. I was enjoying our chat, but we got to my flat, so I got my ID and umbrella and walked back to the library to check my 54 Facebook notifications. Noah had written so many funny comments that I disturbed the peace in the library with laughter.

Pt 2

    Sandra, a Boston gymnast of Greek descent with ADHD, called on me, and I've been wondering if she's doing all right, having been abandoned by her flatmates, so I invited her to dinner. She showed up at the library and talked a lot about things she had bought as I tried to finish up with the internet.

Sandra questioned why I am not a big theatre person, since I seem so eclectic otherwise. Since this was about the 4th time she's asked, I merely said: "Because I think theatre is dumb." It was barely raining, but we still had umbrellas, so she sang a boisterous rendition of Rihanna's "Umbrella" complete with a musical-theatre vocal affectation, followed by something from Hair. Hair, she says, is an excellent musical. Sandra changed and came back wearing six inch heels and had a computer with dubsetp, and vodka in tow.

     I made spaghetti and salad as Sandra showed her friendliness by continually trying to share her vodka with my flatmates, who we already sipping whiskey through party straws. Sandra pointed out that she is a "Vodka girl" and enlightened us on the properties of another favored liquor of hers  called "Ouzo." We each had several helpings of dinner, to which she made eating-disorder-esque comments about that disturbed me.

     We all went to a party at 69, which is the apartment I was accidentally given a key for on my first day here, and it was packed.There was a Woolworth's shopping cart with a leopard print umbrella outside as decoration. Sandra announced that she is a "vodka girl" to those drinking other beverages, …"vodka and Ouzo, Ouzo is a Greek liquor that's amazing.

" Fellow student Mary Kate motioned to my thermos cup and said: "Nice!" so I offered her a sip of my hot chocolate and she said she was already drunk, I repeated: "would you like a sip of my hot chocolate?" Its a great joke to brink hot chocolate to a party.

    Because of new rules set in place by management, drinking games were banned, so people at this party were playing: "Water Pong" which is: "not a drinking game, just sport." This is funny, and also smart, because kids should stay hydrated while drinking. I figured out the rules, and tried a couple of throws in between rounds, but couldn't get any in. Its difficult because the ping pong ball is so light, and the clear plastic cups (not the archetypal red plastic cups you were picturing) are also light.

 Next to me Sandra was telling a German guy about how she's a "Vodka girl," I was glad to see she was making friends. I left the party then so I could have a skill-building montage at home, and come back to beat them all with my Water Pong skills. I had it to where I could get about 60% in, right and left handed, and then went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment