Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Indie Movie of the Evening

-->
When I first got home I went to a house show with my #2 BFF Will, it was the debut of the music video he had been the director of photography on/edited. I was greeted by a huddle of hipsters holding Budweisers. One of them "C" had my haircut of the future: dark brown with a teal streak.

The set-list was being held down by a jelly-bean, and the band Treemotel was comprised of some old college buddies. Greg, the fiddle-player now also plays musical saw, which combined perfectly with the slide guitar. David (on slide) created tremendous hockiting rhythms against the glockenspiel-pattern. I wish I could link to the video, as it was beautiful in it's technicality and creative use of plastic, but it won't be on the internet for a while as it's being shopped around to film festivals. 
 

I'm better at precision-standing-around/mingling now that it's legal for me to drink. I don't recall an ounce of the witty banter I engaged in at the house show, but I do know that "C" and I bonded over art, fashion and both being protagonists within the indie movie of the evening. In the end we tore sections from the graphic design publication Kindling that sat in the hearth and exchanged full-names. Although I'll probably not see C again, now that our internet-lives are connected, I was able to view C's art and subsequently put a photograph that I adore on my blog. At first I thought it was some sort of sound stage with fog effects in the background, but then I realized it was a vertical shot of an adobe house with the sky above. It captures the magic feel of Santa Fe's architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment