Friday, August 12, 2011

Letter to Tobacco

This is a letter I wrote for Tobacco (formerly Black Moth Super Rainbow). I couldn't figure out how to send it to him, so I'm just posting it on my blog. That way it exists in open cyber-space.

-->
Dear Tobacco,

The first song of yours I heard was “Truck Sweat.” My little brother was playing it and I said: “I like these sounds, what are they?”

After listening to the song for several days we decided it sounded like roasting giant marshmallows over humidifier steam, among other things: “Say, doesn’t this sound like a deer-getting shot from a ’58 hunting Chevy?” “And doesn’t it just sound like the deer reaches a spirit realm and ends up tricking the hunter into dying there in its place, because ultimately the deer and the hunter are one in the same?” Anyway, with this semblance of plot in mind we gathered our ugly sweaters, bought some fog juice, and started filming.

Love,
E. M. Wingren
 


When the hunter kills their deer brother, deer brother brings them to a spirit realm of humid marshmallows, yams, and ugly sweaters. In the end, who is the hunter, and who is the hunted?

No comments:

Post a Comment